Quality and Food Safety
Food Safety, Food Security & Quality are our first priorities.
We practice them everyday. The Quality and Food Safety Policy of Global Green Company is to strive towards enhancing customer delight with a commitment to consistent quality and safety of products. This is done through effectively implementing controls and systems across agriculture, processing and logistics with continual improvement and meeting of all regulatory requirements. Global Green Company and its subsidiaries success has always been based on consistent quality and safety of its products.
Customer confidence in our products is based on our reputation for quality and high standards that have been built over decades.
We command trust through offering products that exceed the expectations of our customers, all the while complying with all internal and external food safety, regulatory and quality standards. Furthermore, we strive to eliminate and / or minimize defect levels with commitment from every individual within our organization.
- Safety and quality of the product is enabled “by design” right at the product development stage by installing appropriate machinery, ensuring due diligence, establishing and practicing optimized processes at all levels of the value chain. These are validated periodically to ensure that the methods opted help deliver consistent results.
- To ensure safety of the agri-based commodities, an integrated residue monitoring protocol has been established and extensive statistical sampling is carried out at farms as well as upon receipt at manufacturing sites.
- Farmers and field teams are trained on food safety and quality requirements at regular intervals to deliver safe produce.
- A risk based vendor approval process has been established for sourcing high quality input materials. Consistency in quality of every input is measured and monitored by inspecting consignments upon arrival at manufacturing sites.
- Effectiveness of systems and processes have been established and are implemented by our partners and reviewed onsite periodically. Sustainability of the established food safety and integrated quality management system are verified through internal and external certification audits.
- Specific quality and food safety objectives are set for every function, which are reviewed periodically by top management as a part of a well-established performance management system. Customer feedback is obtained on the performance of groups and objectives are reviewed and aligned to customer requirements.
- Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) at farms are implemented, current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) at all manufacturing locations, and effective logistics across the value chain enhance our commitment towards a common goal.
- A risk-based approach aligned to the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) is adopted for all relevant processes to ensure that there is no compromise on food safety, food security and quality of our products. Effectiveness of the system is validated through periodic reviews and challenge tests wherever appropriate.
- US FDA Inspected PLC based thermal processes are in place and schedule process compliance is monitored for every lot packed in our facilities.
- Preventive controls are established to avoid possible intrusion of foreign matter into products and the lines are further strengthened with advanced metal detection and X-ray scanning systems.
- Product testing is carried out at well-equipped in house laboratories and at ISO 17025 accredited laboratories in consistent fashion to assure that the product delivered is safe for consumption.
- To comply with regulatory requirements for each country of destination, an exclusive regulatory compliance division has been established that looks after updating new regulations and evaluating compliance across the system.
- Quality and food safety strategies are derived as a part of our Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and food safety initiatives for continual improvement are determined based upon the onsite risk assessment by cross functional teams.
Certifications, Awards and Recognition
- Our Commitment to Environment:
ISO 14001: 2002
- Our Key Focus – Food Safety, Security and Quality:
IFS, BRCGS, Organic, GMO Free, Kosher and HALAL Certified. USFDA Registered.
- Our Initiative Beyond Social Compliance:
a) SMETA 4 Pillar
b) Understanding Responsible Sourcing Audit (URSA)
c) Supply Chain Security (SCS)
d) Initiative Clause Sociale (ICS)
- Awards and Recognition:
- CII Commendation Certificate for Strong Commitment to Excel in Food Safety 2012
- CII National Award for Food Safety 2013
- Recognition from Yum! India – Crisis like Collaboration 2013